One of our solicitors, Janis Donnelly-Coode, has recently been appointed as a director of Nepean Community & Neighbourhood Services. You can visit their website by clicking here.
If you have attended some local parenting seminars you might already be aware of this organisation. They control or operate out of six local community centres, namely:
- South Penrith Neighbourhood Centre
- Floribunda Community Centre – Glenmore Park
- Koolyangarra Aboriginal Child & Family Centre—Cranebrook
- Cranebrook Neighbourhood Centre
- Impingar Centre—Werrington County
- North Penrith Community Centre (Kingswood Park)
They run various programs, including parenting workshops, exercise and wellbeing, early childhood intervention, kids & youth activities, and community activities. Keep an eye out for their programs in your local papers. You can also view their complete list of events here.
By way of example, some of the events that are occurring in November 2016 are:
- Baby Booty Club: Support for new young mothers.
- Come along and learn about a range of topics like breast feeding and how to settle your baby.
- Tuesdays during term 1-3pm
- Penrith Women’s Health Centre, Cnr Henry & Station St, Penrith Nerida: 0417 498 918
- Breakfast Club: Free breakfast served on school days for any child attending Braddock or Cranebrook High
- parents welcome to accompany them
- School days 7.30am - 8.45am
- Cranebrook Neighbourhood Centre Cathy: 02 4729 0442
- Living with Addictions (Marrin Weejali): A group for people who are experiencing problems with their own substance misuse.
- Mondays 12:30-2pm
- Koolyangarra Aboriginal Child & Family Centre, Cranebrook. Trudy: 02 4729 0442
- Gentle Exercise: For all ages and fitness levels.
- Run by a professional Personal Trainer
- $6 per week.
- Friday 9am - 10am
- North Penrith Community Centre, Kingswood Park. 02 4729 0442