The Northern Road works might seem to be well under way, but actually they have just started.  You might be getting letters in your mail box about the works, telling you that the "NSW Government is investing $1.5 billion on maintaining and improving our state roads."  A significant portion of that cost is directed towards acquiring land.



What do I do if the Government is taking my land?

A lot of the work around the Northern Road is resulting in the government acquiring part, but not all of a person's block of land.  While this means you won't be entitled to all five heads of damages, it is still important that you get full compensation for what you are entitled to.  Additionally, sometimes the work is so significant and the portion of your land being taken is so crucial to your ongoing enjoyment of the property that you can force the government to acquire the whole property, freeing you to claim for additional heads of damage.



Janis Donnelly-Coode and Bruce Coode

Come and see us

Make an appointment to speak with Bruce Coode about your compulsory acquisition matter.  The first half hour appointment is free, and if he cannot get you more than your current highest offer he won't charge you for his services.  Additionally in compulsory acquisitions matters the government is required to cover your legal costs, and we have never had a government department refuse to cover our client's legal costs.  Get advice from someone who is on your side, and understands more than simply the value of your property.



Join our mailing list

If you would like to find out more about Compulsory Acquisition generally, and specifically Compulsory Acquisition in Penrith, then join our mailing list.