Purchasing Real Estate
We see it as our role to provide you with service and so as part of the work we do for you we will do the following without charging any extra fees:
- We will look at, and discuss with you, several contracts if needed whilst you are looking around to decide which property to buy;
- We can organise pest and building inspections quickly for you;
- We will look at the auction contract and give you advice before the auction; and
- We will help you with applying for any stamp duty exemptions, grants or discounts that may be available such as new buildings/off-the-plan purchases, etc.; and
- We will satisfy the legal requirements of your financier/bank; and
- We will prepare new wills for you (or update your existing wills).
We will explain everything to you in plain English, and will always answer your questions with courtesy and patience. We realise that buying or selling a property can be a stressful time and we will work with you to achieve your aims with the least fuss. If you want more information about buying or selling Real Estate, please click on the link marked "Real Estate".
We can also help you with your house and land package, and we have a special price for that.
Our charges are:
Purchase: $2,800 incl GST but not including disbursements and expenses. These disbursements or expenses would include government searches and pest and building reports, which usually cost between $1,000 and $1,480, depending on whether the property is a strata unit or a house.
If you are buying a newly built house as part of a house and land package we will charge a fixed total of $3,000.00 incl GST but not including all government searches - usually about $550.00. If the house and land package includes a separate building contract that you also want advise on, then that will be an additional $450 including GST.
If you need any more information about any of the following topics, please click on the relevant button:
You can calculate the stamp duty that you will pay, if you know your purchase price, using this stamp duty calculator on the Office of State Revenue website.
If you would like some more information then you can read our articles on Real Estate and Conveyancing Law by clicking on this button.
Law Society Guide
The Law Society produces a guide to buying a property that is available to download. You can find that document by clicking on this button.