People parking across your driveway or parking you in can be a very frustrating issue, and has lead to more neighbourhood disputes than it should.  The problem however is neighbours getting cranky at each other for the way that they park doesn't solve the problem.  The problem is only solved by more parking restrictions put in place by the State Government, or by Local Council requiring appropriate parking when businesses are granted a DA.



Why the State Government?

The State Government is responsible for setting parking requirements even though sometimes those requirements are enforced by employees of the local council.  So if you think that an area needs to be a no stopping zone, or 1 hour parking, or residential parking, then you need to contact the State Government about that.  There are some exceptions where local government can create and enforce parking restrictions, such as strata property, but generally this is a matter for the NSW Government.




Information for Strata Problems

The State Government has created a relatively useful document for people experiencing parking issues in a strata situation.  Click on the link to the right to read the document prepared by the NSW Government in December 2016.




Who should I speak to about parking associated with a business?

If you have an issue with people parking inappropriately in your area because they are attending a local business then you should contact your Local Council about their requirements for local businesses.  In Penrith you can use the contact information provided by clicking the blue button to the left titled 'Contact Penrith City Council'.  One complaint is unlikely to work, but if no one complains then nothing happens.




Where can I get more information?

If you would like to read some more information about council or local government issues then click on the link to the right to read some more of our articles.